WE HAVE USED OUR TWO WEEK BREAK TO MAKE CHANGES AND CREATE A SAFER ENVIRONMENT FOR OURSELVES AND OUR CUSTOMERS. PLEASE READ
During these uncertain, ever changing times as we reopen Dartmoor Bakery, we are having to make big changes as to how we operate to keep our staff and you our customers safe too.
Outlined below are some of the changes we have already put in place while closed, or will put in place as from Monday, these may need to be further amended or changed as we adapt to daily / weekly / Monthly guidelines from the government.
To keep our young staff and their families safe we have taken the opportunity to make sure they are at home as long as the government sees fit for this to happen.
With our own family we have chosen to change the amount of time we spend in the shop to a minimum and the number of us there, so we can keep as many of us safe in our own homes as possible.
To do this we have:
• set up an online ordering section on our website where you can now order what you would like the day before, pay for your order and then either collect it from the shop the next morning or have it delivered in the afternoon to your address if you are local and self isolating
• changed the shop opening times, we will now open Monday – Friday 9.30 – 14.00 daily leaving our afternoons free to deliver orders. We will close at the weekends, and don’t forget we will be closed on Bank Holidays as is normal
• We ask that payments are made by contactless payment
• We also ask that you observe social distancing whilst inside and outside the shop, please stay 2 meters away from other people. (there will be nowhere in or outside the shop to be able to stop and eat or drink, everything must be taken away from the premise)
• Lastly remember the governments present guidelines are – Stay at home, Only go outside for food, health reasons or work (but only if you cannot work from home). If you go out, stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people at all times, Wash your hands as soon as you get home. Do not meet others, even friends or family. You can spread the virus even if you don’t have symptoms.
We do appreciate your help in this challenging environment which is changing daily. Please bare with us as we try to implement these changes. In the days ahead we will refine how we do this, because the health, wellbeing and safety of staff and customers is at the heart of all of these changes, we will get there.
On behalf of everyone at Dartmoor Bakery a huge thanks for your support at this time. Stay well and keep safe.